Gimme All The Gacha
I sound like a complete newbie when it comes to some things on SL. I’ve been on the grid for the past two years but mostly focused on RP (Role-play). My attention has shifted some as I see RP dying off (FOR REAL WE NEED TO SAVE SL RP!). I became interested in becoming a businessman in SL. This is how my gacha love began.
I love the Arcade Gacha Spot!
Having talked to my friend David Mullins who put me up on game on how one can really make Linden (and American Dollars) from Gacha. So last night I went to The Arcade which I heard is one of the biggest gacha events in the grid. I went wanting items from the Suburbia machine (always looking for new houses) and also Concept’s line Bilax. It’s an amazing spot but I will say that since it is near Halloween (when this was written) it had a lot of goth/horror items that are not my cup of tea. I gave my wife a flying blue dragon which she loves so bonus points!
The Good… The Bad… The Ugly!!
- You can get some really cool things from Gacha!
- You can turn this into a business by selling Gacha Items you collect. There are even entire malls full of people selling or swapping Gacha. But my friends you need to ensure that you do your homework on prices! Or you could lose your shirt.
- You can get some unique things for your character!
- Many times you can want one item and never get it. I really wanted the Bilax house by Concept but I struck out 🙁
- Check the Marketplace often for items you want before you go pulling the machines. Sometimes you can waste a grip of skrilla (money or linden) on trying to get an item when you could have gotten it cheaper on the marketplace.
- Gacha’s are no-copy items. There have been many a person who accidentally deleted a gacha in their inventory and so it’s not coming back, it’s gone forever!
Are you a gambler in real life? Most of us are not, but the reason why creators put items into the Gacha is that it feels like gambling. Your not gambling linden, but your taking random actions to try and get what you want. I also set aside my other lindens into my bank bot and only take with me the amount I can really afford to spend on Gacha. That way when I’m done I walk away. But many folks do not do that and can find themselves losing all their linden. Be careful, Be Smart, and Be wise! Have fun guys with Gacha!
Since no one has entered our competition for the Twelve Thousand Linden we are extending the date till the Saturday before Thanksgiving! Get in the competition NOW!a Rafflecopter giveaway